From family days out and great places to take the kids in Southampton and surrounding areas, to activity ideas for rainy days, I’ll share my local knowledge and ideas with you all.
Page currently being updated – please check back soon for more family events in Hampshire.
- This event has passed.
Monthly Quiet Hour Sessions
November 14 @ 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
Our dedicated quiet hours provide an opportunity to experience the Science Centre in a calm and relaxed environment, developed for children with sensory sensitivities and their families. Explore the exhibition floor at your own pace, without the hustle and bustle!
Our quiet sessions include some special adjustments to make your visit more comfortable and enjoyable:
– We will not be open to the general public
– Lighting levels will be lowered where possible
– No tannoy announcements will be made during the hour
– Additional sensory activities will be running
– Extra relaxed screenings will be showing in the planetarium. See our planetarium listings page for more information.
– Our team of Inspirers will be on hand to help
Following the quiet hour, visitors are welcome to stay for the whole day.
Some events are imported from Facebook, with content written by the event organisers, not myself. It’s always a good idea to click through and double check event details with the event organiser in case of any changes or mistakes within the listings.